Eyebrow Hair Restoration
Dr. Wasserbauer was recently interviewed by Reuters News regarding the popularity of eyelash hair transplantation. Read more…
Loss of eyebrow or eyelash hair can make an individual feel very self-conscious about his or her appearance, and new hair transplantation techniques can often restore the hair. You often don’t realize the full impact that eyebrows or eyelashes can make on the total facial appearance until you see a person without them.
Hair transplantation has been used successfully for many years to fill out patchy or partial eyebrows, to restore absent eyebrows, and even camouflage scars within the eyebrow area. Eyelash transplantation is a more recent procedure. The procedure should be performed by a surgeon who specializes exclusively in surgical hair restoration.
Eyebrow Hair Loss
Eyebrow hair loss can occur for several reasons, and is most commonly associated with the following:
- Physical trauma.
- Systemic or local disease.
- Excessive plucking, typically to reshape the eyebrow.
- Trichotillomania (TTM), or self-inflicted obsessive compulsive plucking.
- Medical or surgical treatments like radiation therapy, chemotherapy.
The procedure for restoring eyebrows and eyelashes involves the individual placement of single hairs in the natural growth pattern of your previous hair. The meticulous placement of as many as several hundred hairs can restore eyebrows and eyelashes to their most natural appearance.[rev_slider eye_portfolio]
Request A Consultation
- Exclusive PRP/PPP/Acell update: Data from our patients
Patients ask all the time: What should be the expected improvement from a PRP treatment? Will adding ACell make a difference? Is t…
- Warning: Hair Restoration Surgery Requires a Medical License
Physicians may not delegate hair restoration surgery to medical assistants. Medical assistants may not perform invasive procedures…
- Scalp MicroPigmentation’s Increased Popularity Leads to Additional Risks for Uninformed Patients
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) seems a lot like traditional tattooing. Tiny needles are used to apply pigment to the skin to mimi…